Wednesday, August 19, 2009









Hello, hello! You may have noticed that the last blog was back in March! Well, a few things just got in the way of my blogging. But I mean to embrace it from now on! So stay tuned if you like. Today I am cooking 7 pieces of Bronz Clay. This is a new precious metal clay product that we haven't had alot of success with. It's similiar to the silver clay but the firing of the product is just more sensitive. I read the firing instructions from Cool Tools and I've set my kiln to ramp full speed to 1550 and hold for two hours because these pieces are less than 3mm thick and all equal in size. I will let you know how it went tomorrow. We've had some pieces overcook, some undercook and a few cook nicely so I am anxious to see if I "guessed" at all the variables correctly! We are having a UNICORNE glass trunk show until the 29th of this month. It is hand blown from borosillicate glass and it is yummy. I've made 2 pieces from Unicorne, a spiral rope to hand a glass donut pendant and cute flower earrings to treat my inner hippie!

No comments:

Post a Comment